Monday, July 25, 2011

Light bulb moment!


I love those rides where everything seems to go right. I had one of those today! First, I worked on showmanship. It was o-k. Not gonna go win some world showmanship class, but not too sloppy. Plus considering it felt like it was 500* outside, I was pretty happy with it. Then I get up to ride. I go straight to the curb bit today, my very mild curb, to do some fake show action. Walk-jogged around like pros! And then came the lope. Reily had the best breakthrough since I've owned him! I worked him up into the bit, asking him to use his butt and then asked for him to slow it. The more he slowed, the more I gave. I could literally see the light bulb glowing on his head. We had a beautiful lope (well he did, I was working so hard to keep him from four beating I looked ridiculous I'm sure) with a gorgeous long rein!! I've never been happier :D I love my pony!!

3 comments:

  1. haha i skipped to the end and happened to read the last sentance.. I love my pony. well good for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) He's a special fella for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some questions regarding the lightbulb you use on your blog...What is the best way to contact you? Thank you so much! Louis L Boroff

    ReplyDelete