Tuesday, December 6, 2011

twinkie cakes and winter.

SNOW

I have some mixed emotions about this fluffy substance. On one hand, trail riding in the snow is AMAZING (less ouch if you fall off). On the other... it's cold, wet, and makes my dog go crazy. 
Like CRAZY crazy. The other day we went on a trail ride through a field, and she took off in what I call her stupid run. She just runs as fast as she can in giant circles around everyone, BUT she gets so into the running she forgets important stuff like... steering. She ran SMACK into a tree and went bottom up. Before her pride could have been really hurt, she got back up and started running like it was a part of the plan. I really wish I got it on camera, it had everyone cracking up.
It also makes my horse go a little crazy, but since he's normally lazy it's kind of fun! On said trail ride mentioned above, Reily was (not so literally) chomping on the bit to run. It brought me back to his wild days,  and the 'fun' we would have running in cornfields or playing marco-polo, and tag.
But whether I like it or not, snow has come and will be here until it all melts and makes a muddy mess in the spring. I want to move someplace warm.

Reily got a new winter blanket! 
Reily's sexy winter wear. (AKA I just found out how to caption)
Miss Tilly too!
Tilly only got one because it was on sale. It will wait until it is below freezing before I'd really use it. Reily's blanket from last year (while a MUCH cuter turquoise) was NOT waterproof, and therefore left him wet and cold after it snowed. This one has been MUCH better, as it's already snowed once and he was warm and dry! On a slightly, but not really, related note. . .

I'm a freaking genius!
Is that NOT the most delicious, yummy looking ANYTHING you've EVER seen?!?! It tasted super yummy too. SUPER yummy. The recipe is secret. Don't ask. 


Until next time that I remember I have a blog and come and ramble for ten minutes. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment